Claims 24 Logo


Falls, Slips & Trips

Have you tripped on a defective pavement? Or fallen due to a broken paving slab, a raised edge or maybe even a pothole that wasn’t clearly marked or signposted? Our experienced solicitors have helped thousands make a successful compensation claim.

Caution wet floor sign on the pavement

You Deserve To Be Safe

Claims 24 are here to support you whatever the circumstances.

Yellow floor covering

We could help you make a successful claim for a fall, slip, or trip for various circumstances.

These include:
• Tripping on uneven pavement - providing the defect was more than an inch high and the organisation or council responsible for that area was negligent in maintaining the area to a proper standard
• Slipping because on a spill that has not been cleaned up
• Falling from a ramp or walkway
• Falling down the stairs because of an uneven surface or a defective handrail
• Inadequate lighting that makes it difficult to see kerbs or other obstacles

If any of these apply to you then you could be entitled to compensation to help you recover from your injuries.

3 Easy Steps To Make Your Claim


Call us or fill out our form

The first step is simple. All you have to do is get in contact and a member of our team will discuss your accident/ injury with you. We will gather information regarding your claim and advise you on how best to proceed. 


Complete Claim Requirements

Once we have all the details of your case, we will put together your claim and manage your case from the first day to the last. You can be assured that we will do everything in our power to get you the compensation you deserve.


Receive Compensation

Once your claim has been successful, we will send your compensation to you! If we don't win, we won't charge you a penny. You can be sure you'll get every penny of your compensation as our fees are paid for by the party at fault!

Get In Contact Today To Start Your Claim

Starting your claim is easy! Call us on our 24/7 helpline or email us to get a response from one of our expert team members.

Stethoscope on a table

Medical Examination

It’s important to seek medical assistance as soon as possible after an accident. Even if you think you only have minor injuries, they could be more serious than you think so always consult a doctor.

Claims 24 will also arrange for a medical examination no earlier than 8 weeks after the date of the accident. This is vital to help determine the extent of your injuries and is important evidence to build your case and get you the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. Our team will provide all the support you require and ensure you feel comfortable and informed throughout the process.

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do following a fall, slip, or trip?

The most important thing is being able to prove that the accident was due to someone else's negligence.

Therefore, you should make a note of the road name or the name of the place where you have fallen. Take pictures of any injuries you have sustained and any medical treatment you have had.

If possible take details of any witnesses that saw the accident and take photographs of the defective road or footpath surface which caused your accident. This will help to prove that the council or highways agency have been negligent and help our solicitors build your case.

Call Us

How long do I have to make a claim?

You typically have around 3 years to start your personal injury claim and the time is counted from the date of your accident.

There are exceptions to the three-year rule in some cases, so if you think you might have a claim we advise you to contact us as soon as possible so we can determine your chances for successful compensation.

Start Your Claim

How much compensation could I receive?

The amount of compensation varies depending on the severity of the accident, injuries, and individual situation as each person can be affected differently.
As the amount varies case to case, our personal injury solicitors can assess your situation and provide you with a more accurate quote. For a quick estimate on how much you could be entitled to, why not visit our claims calculator?

Claims Calculator

What can I claim for?

Depending on your case you can claim for both general and special losses.
General losses include the amount of pain and suffering the injury caused which will be set by a medical expert after an examination.
Special losses include:
• Travel Expenses
• Medical Care & Prescription Costs
• Rehabilitation
• Loss of Earnings
• Household Assistance & Adaptations

This varies case to case due to circumstances changing and differences in the effects of the injury in individual lives, so the best thing to do if you have had a fall, slip, or trip is to call Claims 24 for more advice.

How To Claim

Can I claim for a fall, slip, or trip at work?

Most falls, slips, and trips occur at the workplace which is why every reputable employer will have employer’s liability insurance. This will cover them in the case of an employee having an accident due to their negligence. So if you have had an accident at work then do not hesitate to contact our expert claims solicitors who can provide support on advice on how to claim compensation.

Make A Claim

Get In Touch