Accidents In Public Claims

If you’ve been injured when out and about in a public space and it was not your fault, Claims 24 can help you successfully claim compensation with our no win no fee policy.

Am I Entitled To Make A Claim?

Businesses have a legal duty to keep the public safe when on their premises as well as the council and local authorities who must ensure public spaces are properly maintained. If you have suffered an injury following an accident in a public place, then you could be entitled to compensation.

Claims 24 have helped thousands of people successfully claim for injuries sustained from:

  • A fall, slip, or trip
  • A supermarket injury
  • A shopping centre injury
  • An injury/illness sustained on holiday

If you are unsure whether you are entitled to make a claim, call our expert solicitors for a free consultation today for advice and support.

Accidents In Public Claims Experts


We work with England’s leading Personal Injury Solicitors to assist you during the process of a compensation claim. Our client’s needs are important to us and helping our clients to recover both physically and financially is our main priority.


Though accidents in public are typically associated with slips, trips & falls, they can also consist of both physical and psychological injuries such as trauma. We’ll run a thorough assessment to ensure you get the right amount of compensation.


We have helped countless people make successful claims with settlements of up to £5000 for minor injuries, as well as settling claims worth several million pounds for more serious and catastrophic accident injuries.

Accidents In Public Claims

Whatever the circumstances of your accident, Claims 24 are here to help.

Falls, Slips & Trips

Have you tripped on a defective pavement? Or fallen due to a broken paving slab, a raised edge or maybe even a pothole that wasn’t clearly marked or signposted? Our experienced solicitors have helped thousands make successful compensation claims.

Supermarket Injury

Just like careless driving or poorly maintained roads or pathways, accidents can occur in supermarkets on a daily basis. If you’ve been involved in an accident at a supermarket that wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to compensation

Shopping Centre Injury

Hundreds of accidents happen in shopping centres across England and Wales every month. If you have suffered an injury following an accident that wasn’t your fault, then you could be entitled to claim compensation.

Holiday Illness

If you were away on a package holiday that you booked through a tour operator and you suffered an illness, You are eligible to make a claim against the tour operator with whom you booked the package holiday.

Get In Contact Today To Start Your Claim!

Starting your claim is easy! Call us on our 24/7 helpline or email us to get a response from one of our expert team members.

Frequently Asked Questions

You typically have around 3 years to start your personal injury claim and the time is counted from the date of your accident. If the date of your accident is approaching limitation, we can apply for an extension in most cases to ensure you do not lose the right to claim.
There are exceptions to the three-year rule in some cases, so if you think you might have a claim we advise you to contact us as soon as possible so we can determine your chances for successful compensation.

If you are making a claim for an accident at work then there are 3 main exceptions to the three-year rule:

  • Mental Capacity – if your loved one no longer has the mental capacity to make a claim themselves
  • Working Abroad – if your accident happened while you were working abroad.
  • Defective Work Equipment – if your injury was caused by equipment that had a manufacturing defect.

The amount of compensation varies depending on the type of accident, the severity of the illness or injury, and the individual situation as each person can be affected differently.

As the amount varies case to case, our personal injury solicitors can assess your situation and provide you with a more accurate quote. For a quick estimate on how much you could be entitled to, why not visit our claims calculator?

Depending on your case you can claim for both general and special damages.
General damages are made up of the pain, suffering and loss of amenities due to the injury caused. This will be detailed in the medical report written by the medical expert following an independent examination.

Special damages:

  • Travel Expenses
  • Medical Care & Prescription Costs
  • Rehabilitation
  • Loss of Earnings
  • Household Assistance & Adaptations
  • Vehicle Damage
  • Vehicle Hire, Storage & Recovery Charges
  • Any other out-of-pocket expenses

Yes. You can make a claim on behalf of a child under the age of 18 and/or if the claimant lacks the mental capacity. For all other claims, you are welcome to make an enquiry via our website or our contact centre for information which may assist your friend/relative who has been involved in an accident.

There are several things you can do to help support your case if you have been injured or been involved in an accident and feel you may be entitled to make a claim:

• Gather photographic evidence: clear pictures of the accident area can be really helpful although it may not always be possible
• Obtain witness statements: these help us build your claim
• Record any injury details and/or symptoms: This will support any medical evidence and show the rate of your recovery.
• Record any financial losses: This includes any expenses you’ve personally made as a direct result of your injury.

If you have been injured at the workplace then you should also:

•Ask for help: A trusted colleague or your trade union representative can help you sort things out.

Claims 24 work on a no-win – no-fee basis.
No win, No fee is a risk-free way of getting compensation for an injury or illness that wasn’t your fault.
It means there are no upfront costs, and there are no legal fees to be paid in the unlikely event that your claim is unsuccessful.

If you win your claim, we will make the following deductions:
• A success fee for winning
• Your solicitor’s fee
• The 3rd party normally cover all legal costs and expenses but if there is a shortfall, then this may also be deducted from your compensation.

We believe there should be no surprises when making a claim with us, so anything you need to know when making a decision will be made clear from the get-go. Come and talk to us for free for impartial advice.

The average time from the moment you contact Claims 24 till the moment you receive a check from us is 6-8 months.
However, every situation is different and the timeframe depends on many factors – one of them is your collaboration with us.

By providing all the correct information and attending all of the medical appointments which we arrange for you, our solicitors will be able to build a strong case on your behalf resulting in a quick, efficient payout.
Therefore, we kindly ask you to help us, and we will help you – because together we can achieve more.

1. Call us or fill out our form
The first step is simple. All you have to do is get in contact and a member of our team will discuss your accident/ injury with you. We will gather information regarding your claim and advise you on how best to proceed.

2. Complete Claim Requirements
Once we have all the details of your case, we will put together your claim and manage your case from the first day to the last. You can be assured that we will do everything in our power to get you the compensation you deserve.

3. Receive Compensation
Once your claim has been successful, we will send your compensation to you! If we don’t win, we won’t charge you a penny. You can be sure you’ll get every penny of your compensation as our fees are paid for by the party at fault!

For more information on how to claim and an in-depth process, visit our ‘How To Claim’ page.

The most important thing is being able to prove that the accident was due to someone else’s negligence.

Therefore, you should make a note of the road name or the name of the place where you have fallen. Take pictures of any injuries you have sustained and any medical treatment you have had.

If possible take details of any witnesses that saw the accident and take photographs of the defective road or footpath surface which caused your accident. This will help to prove that the council or highways agency has been negligent and help our solicitors build your case.

To make a Holiday Illness Claim under The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992, the tour operator must be based in the UK and have provided you with a ‘Package Holiday’. This is will be stipulated on the ATOL Certificate that you will receive from the tour operator. If you booked a flight-plus or hotel-only holiday then you are not entitled to claim under these regulations.

If the illness you have suffered is believed to be due to the negligence of the hotel abroad, we can help you claim against the tour operator you booked your holiday with by establishing that they have failed to provide a high English standard of reasonable care and that they lacked care and fell below a reasonable standard in the service they provided.

Ready To Start Your Claim?

Our expert claims handlers are available 24/7 to offer advice, guidance, and support when you need it most.

Call Us

0800 0786 088

Claim Online

Visit Our Make A Claim Page


Request a callback

"*" indicates required fields

Full Name*